Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Trough of the Week: Sandy

"Sandy" survived, but her porcelain sink trough didn't.
(Bowling ball, top left)


The covered troughs weathered the hurricane with minimal damage, thankfully.

The exception is the experimental trough I planted in a porcelain sink. The bowling ball (noted in the previous post) was dislodged from its hold atop a plastic bin protecting a trough resting next to it.  The sink trough, now named "Sandy," took the hit (lower left).

The plant life survived and will be transplanted next spring. This was an herb trough, with lavender, sage, thyme, and dianthus.


A tree fell on his house, but Chris can fix anything.
Others were not so fortunate. The house of my friend Chris, who lives on the property on which I keep my troughs,  was pummeled by a fallen White Pine.

Speaking of my friend, Chris ~ Good news! He is going to be joining me frequently on this blog as a special advisor. 
More on that soon.

Next post: Thoughts about propagation.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry for Chris. I believe it when you say he'll be able to fix it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, sis. More about Chris in the left-hand column. He's my advisor now!

    ReplyDelete